Thursday, April 11, 2019

Elfi Elf


Elfi Elf
Little Rabbit
running round my room.
you whined and
gave a thump if I didn’t watch you.

And so I watched you go.

Background blurring in your vision,
hopping fast in happy circles,
clicking your heels and
ripping my carpet without a care.

Life’s too short not to run races
around a room or weed-ridden backyard.
Too short to forget to fling sand from your sandbox.

Too short to be sad, but sad you never were.

Just a baby,
you bit my fingers.
Sassy, but sweetly,
you groomed my eyelids.
staring inquisitively,
Your marble eyes quizzed mine.

You hummed a happy tune,
running circles round my room.
Loved me deeply
Little Rabbit
and oh how much I truly loved you!

Then I heard you whine.

This time, a death cry.
I tried everything I could.
Couldn’t save a soul so fragile.
My poor baby was too small for this wide, wild world.

My ethereal elf
with a feathered face,
Manes were made as halos to put on angels like you.

Now you’re hopping
from the forest of my thoughts
to make me watch you—live like you:


Move only in happy circles.
Do whatever you want to.
See myself the way you saw you.
Thump thunderous even if no one is watching!
Hm hm hm a little tune.
 No photo description available.





No comments:

Post a Comment