Sunday, September 7, 2014

Views to Alaska

I recently had the privilege to drive all the way from Montana to Fairbanks, Alaska with my parents. If you ever get the chance to take this drive...DO IT! We drove through Alberta, Jasper National Park, British Columbia, Dawson City, and Chicken, AK. Each part of the drive was gorgeous in its own way, offering views of neon flowers, lush trees, and gargantuan mountains. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the drive:
I had to post this low quality picture just because it was the first view. This is the border crossing from Montana into Alberta. Cross this if you are near it! The journey begins...

The first views we had were of amazing glaciers. They were scattered over the mountains like cracks in a sidewalk.
First there were glaciers and then there was greenery.

This is a dormant volcano we saw in the Yukon.


As we approached the border into Alaska, the landscape became high tundra.
All the fall colors were on display.



The closer you get to Fairbanks, the more tree filled expanses you see.

5 comments:

  1. So pretty! I hope you are enjoying yourself in Fairbanks(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Maggie! I really like it up here. It's not much colder than Montana right now and it's just so pretty. There's tons of birch trees in their fall colors. Gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are beautiful! I'm so glad you had an awesome trip up there. I'm also glad you're liking it so far! We miss you way down here, but hope you have the best time ever in Alaska!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, I had no idea there was a Chicken, Alaska. That makes my day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Robin. I miss you too! I'll come back soon and send postcards :). Chicken has 27 people and a toilet instead of an outhouse ha ha. People camp there before going out to find gold.

    ReplyDelete