Thursday, July 24, 2014

Questions of a Wander

Dear Readers,
     I have to apologize for my sporadic posting. My goal was to post every other Sunday, but I got busy. Luckily, I came up with a few ideas to prevent lapses. Maybe I won't stick to such a rigid blogging schedule...

     At least my thoughts flow freely. I came up with a poem today that illustrates how stressed I've felt due to the ever present aura of life not going exactly as planned. I thought schedules prevented chaos, yet I'm proven wrong once again! Regardless, I will work to improve my posting and you all can work on reading about my feelings. Enjoy!
Sincerely,
        Jessica




Questions of a Wander
Why would I spend my time somewhere else if it weren't just to escape myself?
My travels aren't out of hatred, nor a quest for love; it's just that peace is a precious thing found in the clouds above.
If I hide in a forest, could I forget my confusions?
Does the climbing of a mountain bring me closer to igniting changes?
Is the reflection resting in the lake what I can't see sitting on the shore?
If I traveled far enough, would my inner self feel chaotic no more?

by Jessica Herzog


No comments:

Post a Comment