Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Happy Earth Month

I should've posted this in the beginning of April to kick off Earth Month. Spring also shouldn't be the busiest time of year for me! Anyway, this is the first poem I wrote about the environment. It was for a sixth grade project. We wrote a little storybook filled with pictures and whatever we wanted to say about ourselves. Sixth grade was when I started to care about the environment after hearing all the big news about global warming. This poem has and still does describe the way I feel about earth. It didn't have a title back then, but I suppose I'll call it "World" now.

World
The blue and green gem that is our world,
too large for any ring,
to small to be left alone,
but just big enough for us to hold it in our hands,
as long as we are willing to share it with the good,
and protect it from the evil,
and love it always...
no matter what
by Jessica Herzog
P.S. I'll keep up with the posting since spring break starts tomorrow. It's about time for some free time!

2 comments: